Saturday, December 19, 2009

So Much to Say

I've been terribly busy this last week and it looks like the next couple weeks will be the same way.  So many tests and assignments and such.  I actually have a book review due on Christmas Eve as well as a research paper due for the same class on January 5th.  Unbelievable.

This last week has been a roller coaster though and I've been wishing I had more free time and could write in here a lot, but school is just more important right now as is doing things other than sitting around worrying or pondering about life.  I'll just try and give some bullet points or a condensed version right now though.

First off, this:



BAM!  Sorry it's reversed because I did it in the mirror, but you're looking at a Sheed jersey right there, folks.  Someone tell Zack Bloom right now.  I'm guessing it's circa 1999 or so but it's in very decent shape all things considered.  Also, Sheed's just one of my favorite Blazers of all time.  This was a bright point in what was otherwise a shitty day.  Here's how it happened...

We went to visit some of our local friends in their hood called Tip Top and this place is the real deal.  I've been wanting to write about this since the second I got there and I'm not going to get to do it right now because my battery is dying but it was a very awesome experience.  CIEE just sent out a newsletter to parents I think and it's got a photo from when we were there just cooking some dinner.  On the way to Tip Top though, Ashley (who goes to PSU) saw this jersey hanging at some shop randomly along the way at one of the dala dala stops.  She told me and she thought it was a store full of Blazers jerseys or something (it wasn't, unfortunately) but I made sure I had a view and watched diligently out the window the entire way back, memorizing where it was.  To cut the story short, two days later I was rockin' the Sheed.

OKAY battery's dying here.  Campus internet is back up here much to my surprise and I bought this modem so that I can access internet from my room now.  It cost me a pretty penny that could have been spent elsewhere, but I was able to use Skype (with VIDEO even) for a good half hour I think yesterday and it cost much less than I think it does for people at home to call me.  Also, I think it was the first conversation I've had with Quinn where we got to end it on our own terms instead of running out of money or something.  Good stuff...

Well I need to be doing more homework anyway, but I thought I'd just say hey.  Still working on finding an internship for next term.  This one looks like it might happen though I don't want to jinx it:
http://www.ecolicu-tz.org/

Cross your fingers for me, folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
Arusha looks like a great choice, although I believe that it is out in the middle of nowhere! It will be quite a change from Dar

I hope that it works for you!
Keep up the hard work and don't forget that so many people at home are with you in spirit this Christmas
We love you man!
DAD;)

quinnfrances said...

Myspace pic!
(God, you're looking noticeably older.)