Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back to the Grind

Well I'm back from my jaunt over to Arusha and Moshi to celebrate the New Year and it was a good trip.  I got some good quality time to think things through and put things into perspective during the long bus rides.  There's a poorly scribbled blog post in my journal waiting to be typed up write now if I can decipher it - the bus ride was very bumpy.  All in all though, I'm glad I went and I don't mind the hole burnt in my pocket too much. 

Laura and I met up with our friends in Arusha later than expected and wound up at a wedding party shortly after.  It was fun and one of those moments where I have to ask myself "how do I keep ending up in the most random places?" which was cute until 12 pm kept creeping closer.  We ended up watching fireworks go off from the car on the way to the club sadly - another sober New Year's Eve - but we didn't let that dampen our night in the least.  In fact, I wound up dancing with a 17-year-old at one point in honor of Casey Clapp.  It was just too funny to meet a Tanzanian girl at a club or bar who introduces herself by saying "I'm not a prostitute."  Unlike Casey though, I drew the line at dancing and let the night be the night... that girl's going to get herself into trouble though.

Asses still sore from the 10 hours on a bus the day before, it was another 1.5 hours in an even more cramped/sketchy bus back to Moshi.


OKAY I'll finish this later, mosquitoes are eating me alive.  Not worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott -- I am sending a message to your Facebook account. I've discovered I have contacts in Arusha in case you need more options or connections. Jan Indermill