Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Maswali"

“Questions”

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Well I guess I’ve written enough about being disconnected now and so I’ll do something I’ve actually wanted to do for a while but now do it for the sake of becoming more connected or at least to clarify some things. I’ll invite anyone who still reads this to either ask me any questions they might have in the comments section or send it to me via email (ScottM.Berry88@gmail.com). My reasoning behind this is that I don’t know if I’ve been clear enough on things or if I’ve just produced a bunch of confusing journal entries. Now is your chance to ask me anything from what it’s like to live here or what I eat for breakfast to questions about what it’s like to see real poverty everyday or anything you really want to ask. I have the last say, of course, on what I choose to answer or not but I’ve been pretty open on here so I’ll try to answer any question even if it makes me uncomfortable.

I’ve got questions of my own too that I’d like to know more about but don’t get the opportunity to inform myself or have discussions with informed people. Here are some things I’ve been wondering about:
- What’s the deal with the whole healthcare thing? I know it passed and that there was some controversy about it, but I don’t know the actual specifics. All I heard is that everyone is going to need health insurance by a certain year but it always seemed to me like the problem was the insurance companies…
- What happened to U of O sports? Bellotti’s gone, Masoli’s a thief, and everyone else seems to be getting fired or abusing their girlfriends. I didn’t get to watch the Rose Bowl but it sounds like UO athletics has been going downhill fast since then.
- What’s new with life in Oregon? Did we have a lot of snow this winter? Is anyone transferring schools or what’s been going on with the social lives of my friends? Anyone have new jobs or change anything? I haven’t been able to keep up with any of this in the least…
- What else do I need to know? What am I supposed to do when I get back?

I don’t know what else to say but that’s why I create a post like this. Things aren’t incredibly eventful lately so I need something to write about. Why don’t you all choose what it is?

1 comment:

David, President of I Tappa Kegga said...

Oregon sports are embarrassing. When you get back we are supposed to hang out. and my question is who has influenced you the most in your time abroad? and what is the Tanzanian equivalent of PBR?