Friday, March 12, 2010

Home Stretch

Hello to all,

Well my travels are over and I arrived in Arusha on Wednesday which means tonight I break my near-month-long streak of not sleeping in the same bed for more than 2 consecutive nights.  The journey was good though, very good and I have countless memories and new experiences.  I learned a lot about myself, my beliefs, my capabilities and just got a new perspective on a lot of things.  Unfortunately, I can't get my photos off of my memory card, though I haven't reached panic mode on that yet.  I just haven't had a chance to settle down or found much downtime in over a month now and it looks like I have at least a few more days to a whole week before I get that opportunity.  Keep checking though because I'm going to post an explanation of everything that I will be doing here for this new internship phase.  If the calendar stays the same, then I will officially finish twelve weeks from today which seems like too short of a time, but who knows?, I'll probably be eating my words six weeks from now.  I don't officially start until sometime next week though so then the ball will really be rolling.  As for right now, we're going through the orientation process and there is some adjusting on my part that needs to be done, but I'm sure it's not as drastic as it is for volunteers who come in directly from North America or Europe.

I appreciate everyone who reads this and will be trying to get some more frequent and thoughtful posts up here once I get my situation settled.

See you soon

No comments: